Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The First Snow 2007

Hello all! Well, I thought today was as good a day as any to start our new family blog. I hope that it helps me to keep all of you up-to-date with pictures and goings on of the kids and our family. Instead of sending out twenty e-mails and not remembering what I said to whom, you can stay updated as much or as little as you want.

So October 28, 2007 was our official 1-year anniversary for being here in Connecticut. It seems like we just got here. I've looked at pics from that same time last year and we all look so different, especially the kids!!! Here is a pic from Halloween last year and one from this year:



















Halloween 2006 Halloween 2007

To me they look so little from last year and so big now, but JMO. As you can see, Emma kept up with the princess theme: last year being Sleeping Beauty and this year Ariel. She wanted to be a cowgirl and Aidan a cowboy, but she chose too late and we couldn't find a cowgirl costume in time. I got Aidan one of those costumes where it looks like you're riding a horse. I thought it was totally cute, but Beau thought it was too silly (not really the word he said, but you get the idea :-)) I won't spoil all the news from the past year for our Christmas newsletter (yes, I am going to do one this year), but I will tell you Emma grew quite a bit.

So, today was our first snowfall here in NE! I have to say that although maybe not totally prepared to be gallivanting around outside yet, I was ready to see snow this year since the temperatures have been so frigid in the last couple of weeks. But there was no gradual temp change from summer to winter. It was 70 through October and then BAM! in the 40's and now 30's.

Well, I told myself that I would only have a half hour to start this thing, otherwise I could be on here for hours and never get stuff done around the house. We have a Life Group Thanksgiving tonight (our Bible Study) and I am making a German Chocolate Pecan Pie, Tex-Mex Pumpkin Patties, and homemade cranberry sauce...YUM! Plus we've got to get the house cleaned up since we having a guest over for Thanksgiving and I have to work tomorrow night 'til 11p.m. Tomorrow is shopping for food and a watching Collin day, so no cleaning tomorrow. Anyway, talk to you all soon! Love and miss you lots!!!

1 comment:

rebekahl said...

Hi Maria,
We have not receive up here in North Idaho yet. However, we expect some late tonight or tomorrow. I can't believe how big your kids are. Brenden turns a year old on the 7th. How fast time flies.
We miss you guys!
Crysta